Friday, September 17, 2010

Trout Music

I have been listening to more classical music recently. But then again I have also been listening to more BBC 6Music also. I think it is a function of having a little office at home to sit and work in. The little office will be the subject of a separate post as for this one I'll talk about music.

In the little office I have put a radio (we have radios in every room in the house and they are usually tuned to speech radio) which is set to BBC Radio 3, 6Music or ClassicFM. I put it on low volume, turn the desk light on and start doing paperwork or work. It is quite therapeutic.

I have also been listening to music downstairs as well. I have all my father's records (and my grandmother's as well, come to that) and I am slowly working my way through them. The old vinyl ones are fun; they are SO thick compared to the vinyl records I bought as a teenager. My current favourite is The Trout Quintet by Schubert. I like the music, but I like the name even more!

I had a look online for some of it, and I found this 55 minute documentary of five classical superstars coming together in London in the 1960s to play it.


No comments: