Monday, February 18, 2008

Making Work Work

I was perusing Russell Davies' excellent blog, and saw a piece about what makes a great creative business. The piece is called the magnificent seven and the double-deckers. He thinks there are two ways to start or be a great creative business; either a bunch of experts (the magnificent seven) or a bunch of friends (the double-deckers).

I vaguely recall reading an article by a Swedish professor about measuring creativity in the work place. I will try to track it down. I don't recall any mention of either the magnificent seven or the double-deckers.

In the meantime, I did find a posting of 10 seeeeriously cool workplaces by Chief Happiness Officer, Alexander Kjerulf. Here are my three favourite pictures, firstly of a slide between floors at Red Bull in London:


and secondly, two pictures of the extremely unfactory-looking Volkswagen Phaeton plant, Dresden:





And Alexander Kjerulf's Chief Happiness Site is here. It is very 'happy', in that Danish Junior Senior 'Move Your Feet' way. It also has some pretty useful tidbits.

No comments: