Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Welcome Home"


It's 2.12 am , EST time, and I have finally arrived at the Hampton Inn in Round Rock, nr Austin, TX. My colleagues all got earlier flights. I had to get the 8.45 pm. It is wet and windy. I have never stayed here before. I am very tired. I didn't even notice the sign on the door (right) that said "don't use this door", and tried to get in. The man at reception, after letting me in, apologised for the sign being bad - it may be a little small but really, it was my problem. Then he said 'Welcome Home'. On one level it is a bit rich me never having been here and all that, but you know what, having done a working day, then a 4.30 hr flight, a 30 min drive in my rental car, it was great. It wasn't over the top. It could have been so bad. In fact it was just a nice touch.

No comments: